Taking Disprin just as a precaution

My mother has just had a mild stroke, she has Diabetes and Hypertension. My doctor has warned me about the genetics. I manage my diet etc, but would it harm me or anyone for that matter to take a blood-thinning drug like half or even a quarter of a disprin per day just as a precaution? I am asthmatic though so only take Panado' s if I' m in severe pain.

Dear Anonymous
Taking a 1/2 Disprin per day is a good idea in your case if this does not exacerbate your asthma. Remember to take it just after a meal to protect your stomach. Remember to always mention to your dentist or doctor that you are taking aspirin before any surgical procedures and if possible try to stop it at least a week before, if you know that you are going for surgery.