Question
Posted by: Buddy | 2008-12-02

taking a stimulants before gym

I' m at the stage of being morbidly obese, i' m about 60-70kg over weight. i want to know if it' s ok to take suppliments when i work out. I do take barroca sometimes but i hear that you must excersise without bossters and that will make you lose weight quicker.
So question is,
1)is it safe to take maybe phedra cut or should i stick with borocca and...
2) is it true that with berocca i won' t lose as quickly or is that a body builder thing. because i think i have a lot to lose and the berocca keeps my stamina going longer at the gym

Dear Buddy
The use of vitamin supplements such as Berocca is not regarded as an actual stimulant, but any product that contain ephedra, caffeine or willow bark extract, etc, can act as a stimulant. I would recommend that you use the Berocca if you find it boosts your stamina (vitamins esp of the B complex play and important role in all the energy-related processes). Don't start using other stimulant because some of them can be very dangerous and when used together with strenuous exercise there have been some fatalities in the USA. Stick to an energy-reduced diet and do your exercise every day (but don't overdo things so that you strain yourself -as you lose weight and get fitter you can increase how hard you exercise) and you will lose weight.
Good luck with the programme