Question
Posted by: why | 2011/06/03

taken for granted

I feel like my bf is taking me for granted in our relationship. We do not stay together and I feel that I am the one making all the effort. I go to him all the time, takes me an hour from his place to work, I have to pack all my stuff like clothes, makeup, etc. He does nothing. Its so tiring and Im starting to get resentful. I know it is partly my fault as I have done this from the beginning of our relationship which is 7 months now. How do I change this?

You've allowed him to grow used to doing things this way, and if you haven't discussed it with him ( which of course you should do ) he may assume this way suits you well. Calmly tell him this is inconvenient for you, and ask for his suggestions about how the pair of you could better share the nuisances of taravel, packing, etc.

2
Posted by: Lee | 2011/06/03

How desparate are you to stay in the relationship? If it leads to marriage it will continue unless you change your behaviour. People wiil usually treat us as well (or badly) as we allow them to. walk away a little. Don''t go to his place,then. Stay home a while. Go out with friends or go out on your own. What are you afraid of? The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour. If you keep bumping your head against a wall, you will get (and keep getting) a headache.

Reply to Lee