Posted by: Hettie | 2009-03-20

Tai - Bo

Doc, does the Tai Bo really work, and what supplements can I take to loose weight and build musscle, Im 1.67 and weigh ave 64kg, according to my BMI im okay, but I would still like to tone up.

Please advise!

Hi hettie

Yes, taebo is a pretty effective form of exercise. It's cardio, and while I would not rank it in a list with other activities like cycling, running, swimming or rowing, it's effective if it's done often enough and properly. THat of course is the case with most things.

As for supplements, none. I don't ever recommend them, because they're:

1. NOt sustainable
2. Not proven to work
3. Not proven to be safe
4. The exact opposite approach to what you should be taking, which is that of a lifestyle change

So I think if your diet is good and you're eating the right AMOUNT of food (because that's as important as type), and you train consistently, then you will see progress without needing supplements.