Question
Posted by: Liezel | 2010/11/04

tae-bo

Hi doctor,its me again.After your advise i started thinking which exercise will suite me,so i decided on doing tae-bo.i follow the slimming diet and im doing 30 minutes tae-bo every morning but rest in between,although the tae-bo is 45 minutes.I choose to do 30 minutes because i can only pull my self to do 30 minutes,During the day i follow the slimming diet but at night it is diffucult for me,so for supper i eat normal for example (curry mince with white rice/pap and wors)but in a small portions and not later than 7 pm.Do you think the 30minutes tae-bo instead of 45minutes and the (curry mince and rice or other normal fatty food at night )will stand in my way of loosing weight?

Dear Liezel
Any exercise is a good idea, so if you find that you prefer tae-bo, then it is better for you to do the exercise you like than not to do any exercise. You also need to start off slowly and see how you feel about doing a longer session once you start losing weight and get fitter. In a month's time you may find that you can do your tae-bo for 45 min without any hassles. Listen to your body. The supper foods you list, are not ideal for weightloss as you know, so you will have to experiment to see if you can lose weight even if you eat some of these foods instead of lean meat or fish with vegetables and salads. If you find that you are not losing, then you know where the problems lies.
Keep up the good work with the exercise

3
Posted by: Liezel | 2010/11/05

THANK YOU DOCTOR FOR ALL THE ADVICE,I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

Reply to Liezel
Posted by: just me | 2010/11/04

when you cook your pap, make sure that it cools down, cold pap is low gi and can be enjoyed as long as it is small portions.
You can buy lean mince and meat and cook as normal, just reducing your oil and leaving out all fattening spices.
I am also trying to loose weight and enjoy my pap every now and again I just make sure that it is cooled down before I eat it.

Reply to just me

Dear Liezel
Keep up the good work with the exercise