Question
Posted by: anon | 2010/05/12

tabs

hello,

i have a lung infection and am on two anti-biotics. one is augmentin BD. it is a very big pill and even though i break it in half, it is not easy to swallow. i have a form of muscular dystrophy and am in my late 30''s. my swallowing is ok but not the best.
can this pill be broken up further, or crushed safely?
i never thought to ask if a liquid form is available.
thanks, and is there anything else i can do to help the healing process?

Hallo Anon
Yes you can crush the Augmentin - won't affect the absorbtion. If you have Muscular Dystrophy, I would advise you to go for regular physiotherapy to help you get rid of the phlegm in your chest, as you probably don't have a strong cough action. Also humidify your room if possible.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/05/13

Hallo Anon

Reply to cyberdoc