Question
Posted by: nikita | 2011/10/25

tablets that trigger acid

last week i went to the doctor, because i lost my voice, and he gave me capsules and tablets , presidone tablets triggered my acid in the stomach and now i have pains my ulcer is worse. i phoned and spoke to the sister there she told me to stop taking the other brown ones , flucolane i stopped taking all the medicines and now in the middle of the nigh i got this sharp pain in my intersines. pls help

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi N

Medicines such as prednisone may indeed increse acid or worsen peptic ulceration - taking Prednisone with meals helps prevent this.

Your symptoms may still be acid related, but best would be, if the symptoms persists, to see your doctor.

All the best!

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/10/27

Hi N

All the best!

Reply to pharmacist