Question
Posted by: anon2 | 2008/09/10

Tablets

Dear CS
Is it very selfish if I want to go for therapy when I know that the money should be used to assist family members financially? I only need to sort out the fact that I’ m using sleeping tablets and tranquilizers to escape from the world. I take it as soon as I get home from work.

I don't think it is at all selfish for you to choose to go for therapy if you need it and will benefit from it . Your wish to help your family is noble, but your own needs must come first ( and if you break down for lack of proper maintenance and self-care, that won't help them either. And review carefully whether they are making good use of your help, and whether they might be encouraged to help themselves more.