Question
Posted by: Eve | 2011-05-22

T

I am lactose intolerant and over the past few years have been put onto numerous chronic medications. One of these is Eltroxin.
Since being on all these meds I have struggled with bloating and stomach problems.
I read an article that said the filler in Eltroxin is Lactose, is this true in South Africa? When receiving my Eltroxin I am not given a pamphlet showing the contents and side effects.

How would I know if any of my other medications also have Lactose in them.
UPDATE: As far as I could establish, Lactose is indeed of eltroxin's non-medicinal ingredients.

Expert ImagePharmacist

In formation like type of filters used during manufacturing, etc is not readily available, and is often almost impossible to obtain. The package insert should however warn against use in case of .i.e. Latose intollerance.

I'll see if I can get any info on this.

2
Posted by: Eve | 2011-05-29

Thank you for finding out the extra information.
Much appreciated

Reply to Eve
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011-05-25

I'll see if I can get any info on this.

Reply to pharmacist