Question
Posted by: Sfearer | 2010/05/27

Syphilis

Dear doc

I had protected sexual intercourse with a guy just over 2 years ago, who informed me about a month later that he got syphilis from someone else and that I should have myself checked.

I immediately went for an RPR test and the result was negative. 7 months later, I went for another test, but then the RPR and T pallidum IgM was negative and the T pallidum IgG positive. The nurse told me that this does not mean I have syphilis.

Now 2 years later, and after reading up on what a slow killer it can be, I am a bit panicky. I never before had a rash on the soles of my feet or palms of my hands.

Would I have had any severe symptoms of any kind in the past two years if I did get syphillis from him? Should I worry?

Thanks doc!

Hallo Sfearer
Positive IGG shows that you have had contact with syphylis but negative IGM and RPR shows that you don't have active syphylis at the moment.
See http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/tc/syphilis-symptoms
for the symptoms.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/27

Hallo Sfearer
for the symptoms.