Question
Posted by: malcom | 2010/01/06

syphilis?

I developed a small pimple on my genitals (more down towards the scrotum) which had a white head which i subsequently squeezed, releasing the hardiish pas. I have consulted my GP which felt it isn' t anything to be concerned about given I had shaved or rather used a hair removed on this area a week or 2 ago. He nevertheless prescribed a course of penicillin tabs (Ranclav 1g) - 10 tabs to be taken 2 / day.

This is the same tab he prescribed to me about 6 months ago when I had a sinus infecction. In the event this current condition is a bout of syphilis, is Ranclav the correct medication to threat syphilis? You reply will be greatly appreciated.

Hallo Malcom
Syphylis present with flat painless ulcers and not pimples, so it is unlikely to be syphilis. Ranclav is not usually used to treat syphilis.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/06

Hallo Malcom

Reply to cyberdoc