What is your opinion on the Syneron machine for skin rejuvenation? I want to get rid of pigmentation and acne scars and i want to improve my skin texture and get a more even skintone. As this is quite expensive, i would appreciate your professional opinion.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anonymous, thank you for the question.

I firmly believe that the technology used with Syneron is excellent and that extremely good results can be achieved with your concerns (I use the Syneron eMax in my practice). However, results are dependent on the operator of the machine and the settings chosen. Furthermore, for acne scarring one would have to add Refirm skin tightening and the Matrix IR fractional non ablative laser applicators to the treatment regime.

There are a number of studies that have been published with the use of Syneron’s technology and you can view some of them on my web page at and click the resources tab or use the search function to find the specific studies you are interested in.