Posted by: Possum | 2012-11-13

I know it is a problem, I take between 8 - 10 Syndol per day, guess it is the codeine effect I like.

What long term damage am I doing to my body?

Many thanks

It might be the codeine ( which tends to cause constipation, too, but is related to Morphine and is far more closely regulated in other countries - don't visit Greece, for instance, with a pack of Syndol in your pocket !) or it might also be due to the doxylamine, the sedative, in it, which some people find makes them feel agreeably relaxed. Either way, this is a significant dependency / addiction, not at all uncommon, and in no way good for your body. See a psychiatrist with an interest in dependency and addiction, or a rehab clinic, and get expert help to gradually reduce the doses and get off this unnecessary medicine.

Posted by: gen | 2013-01-24

How many syndols, taken at once, would kill you?

Reply to gen
Posted by: Possum | 2012-11-14

Thank you - bit teary eyed. Life ain''t easy. On a good note, in Dec this year i will be 2 year''s sober - pity I started the pills :(

Reply to Possum
Posted by: Just saying | 2012-11-13

Please try to seek help. You acknowledge that it''s a problem, so I encourage you to seek help to wean yourself off this drug. We have recently admitted our child to a facility for addiction to this very medication. Hers started out with 2 - 4 tablets a day, and we are now looking at 20 - 30 (conservatively) tablets a day.

Please seek help before your addiction gets even more out of control, which it will. It won''t be long before 8 - 10 don''t give you the high you want, and it will be 15 - 20, then 20 - 24 etc etc. .

Reply to Just saying