Posted by: Dazed and Confused | 2008-11-19

Symtoms does not match up to each other

HI Doc

Please help. I am taking Losec chronically. I also had my tonsils removed in April due to constant Tonsilliates. Lately I am suffering from burny eyes, ocassional twitches in my hands, sore throat and occasional uncontroble breathing patterns. I would sit and watch TV and then suddenly breath in loudly ( almost gasping for air) I know I have some acid imbalance in my stomach hence I' m taking Losec. Must I go for tests and if so, what type of tests? I am always lethargic as well. I sleep 10 hours a night yet I remain tires. Your answers are very appreciated thanks ... From S.

Dear Dazed and confused
You may have a few problems that need attention - burning eyes, sore throat could be due to an allergy with a chronic post nasal drip, this can also cause bronchospasm (asthma) symptoms. Acid gasses from acid reflux can also irritate the airways and cause sore throat and asthma symptoms. Tiredness can be caused by anemia, sleeping fitfully due to a blocked nose at night (not getting in enough "deep" sleep) It may be worth your while to see an ear nose and throat specialist. Tests will depend on what they find with the physical examination.

Posted by: kays | 2009-03-03

I’ m a twitcher as I fall asleep. I twitch for the first 15 or 20 minutes I’ m asleep (but don’ t usually wake myself up) and then stop all together. It does bother me, and my bedfellow, who doesn’ t think it’ s particularly normal. I figure it’ s just my muscles relaxing after a long day at work. What causes this and do I need to do something about it?

Reply to kays