Question
Posted by: CE | 2008/07/07

SYMPTOMS & SIGNS

Hi Doc,
Please can you tell me what the symptoms and signs are when having a miscarriage. Three weeks ago i thought i was pregnant cos i had all the symptoms. Took a hpt, but it was negative. Got my period when expected, but it was heavy and lasted 8-10 days. Then not even a week later I started bleeding again, but this time it was very dark, thick and heavy, accompanied with abdominal pain and migraine. Going to make app to see gynae this week some time for annual check up. What could it be???
CE:-)

If the pregnancy test, was negative, miscarriage is unlikely. There are many causes for irregular bleeding - cysts, fibroids, polyps, etc.