Posted by: Snippie | 2009-05-29

Symptoms of ovarian cancer

Hi doc,

I have received an e-mail a few times before about the symptoms of ovarian cancer, but since one can'  t be sure about what is a hoax nowadays and what not, I usually just read and ignored.

But now for the past few months I have been having the strangest symptoms and it reminds me a lot of the symptoms as described in those mails. My stomach is bloated (I look about 6 months pregnant, although I am not). The rest of my body in in porportion, but my stomach "  stands out"  . Also I often get funny feelings in my abdomen (like when a baby is moving and kicking inside you). Really definite feeling movements - not like digestive squiggles.

I know I am not pregnant because I had a blood test done in March when I went for my annual checkup with my gynea and had the Mirena put in.

I was also overweight (about 13kg'  s) but I have lost about 8 already. What troubles me is that my stomach does not seem to be getting any smaller. My pants are falling down, but I'  ve still got the "  boep"  .

Now for the last two days I have been getting painful constant cramps in my lower ribs.

Do you think I should be concerned at all? Or are these just normal bodily functions and the "  boep"  because of the weight?

It sounds like possibly irritable bowel syndrome. Why don't you see your GP for a general check.