Question
Posted by: Maybe Baby? | 2009-03-17

Symptoms of Ectopic Pregnancy

Hallo, Doc -
Could u tell me what the signs of a possible ectopic pregnancy is. I am 2 days late (I think) and did a home test - it had two lines but the test line was faint, but definitely there. I have had a sharp type pain yesterday for a minute in my left side, but just the once and not again. Could this be a sign of ectopic? or is it usually a lot more painful? Why do you think the 2 nd line on my test was faint &  not dark &  clear like the other one? I don' t want 2 go for a blood test and be dissappointed. Do you perhaps suggest re-testing in a few days if I have not had my period?
I hope to hear from you soon.
Regards,
Maybe baby x

Ectopic pregnancies would be alot more painfu and the pain would persist. The secod line is probably faint because the pregnancy is early. I would suggest that you retest in a few days.