Posted by: bob | 2009-01-20

symptoms for tick bite fever?

I played golf on saturday and after searching for a ball in thick grass, something had bitten me on my shin above my sock. It is slightly itchy still and a bright red but has not spread. (looks like a real big flea bite) It is now 3 days later and I feel slightly fatigued, my legs arent 100% but i do not have a headache, more of a dull pressure in my head. Im slightly short of breathing and I do feel flushed but not completely feverish. I will be seeing a GP later tomorrow, what do I need to ask for to test for tick bite fever?...simple blood test? Anything else that I should check for? My tummy feels upset but I am not nauseas. Thanks

Hi Bob
Just ask for a tickbite blood test, but tickbite fever usually only starts giving symptoms about 5-7 days after being bitten. You may have an unrelated viral infection at the moment?