Question
Posted by: Jade | 2008/10/21

Symptoms for abused baby 0-1year

Hope you can educate me.
My son 10 months goes to a day mother with no more than 10 kids between the age of 0 –  18 months. There is a little girl I would say around the same age as my son if not younger that cries none stop.
I asked the teachers if she is like this all the time they said none stop, even when you pick her up, always.
I asked if they chatted to the parents &  they said they don’ t ask to many questions.
Could this be a sign of some sort of abuse or could this be some sort of physical pain she might be in.
If you suggest this is some sort of abuse what can be done in this situation as I am not one to walk away if something bad is going on.
Please advice

I don't get the sense of "they don't ask too many questions" --- if a child is genuinely constantly crying, it's a day mother's job to work out what is going on and discuss this with the parents, rather than just to ignore it. Tehre could be many reasons for such behaviour in a child, some of them relatively unimportant, some of them rather serious, which is why any caregiver should want to understand it. I understand your concern, but its hard to see how you could usefully intervene other than to express your concern that they seem to unconcerned, and to encourage them to be less complacent

1
Posted by: Sad Mommy | 2008/10/21

Please please please be very careful before making accusations of abuse. I have been falsely accused, proved to them it was false and they still destroying my life and my marriage.

Dont ruin this families life unless you are 100% sure its abuse.

Maybe she is very emotional about left alone and wants her mommy? Maybe she is suffering from colic? Maybe she just doesnt like the environment?

Reply to Sad Mommy