Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2010/07/12

Symptoms after surgery

Resection of endometriosis. The diagnosis after the operation was as follows:
- Ovarian cyst removed and biopsy was benign
- Traces of endometriosis removed
- Adenomyosis mass located deep in the muscle of my uterus was not removed as the doctor feared damage to the uterus

I had a pap smear 2 weeks ago and results where clear. The vaginal examination per hand resulted in the doctor commenting that everything felt like a mess, however the transvaginal scan said otherwise. Everything looked fine.

My concern is that I am now experiencing the following symptoms:
- Severe pelvic pain
- Swelling
- Inconsistent bleeding

In my opinion the bleeding is not menstrual related as I am currently on Diane 35 (and do not take the placebos), as per doctors recommendation. I have also not had a period for a year now.

I am wits end and have lost confidence in my doctor who is a world renowned specialist. Please note this is the second operation (with different gynae) in a year and a half.

Please help, where to from here?

I don't know what you are taking the Diane for. Is it for endometriosis or for something else. If it is for endometriosis, there are more effective treatments but I would need more details in order to comment.

1