Question
Posted by: josie | 2009/08/03

symbicort

hi doc

what is an alternate to symbicort? i have been using it for about 4 years which has helped my asthma but i think its causing my hair to fall alot. is it possible that its not working well with my skin med' s antibiotics doxycycline or previosly yasmin (not using it for 2 months now) and Nasonex spray? could it be any of these other meds causing the hairloss i have been for blood tests and everything seemed fine no hormone imbalance ,pcos or thyroid problems?

thanks

Hi Josie
Hairloss is not a documented side effect of symbicort - the reason may be something else like stress, low iron levels or recovering from a recent pregnancy or illness.
See also http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/men/general/081.html