Posted by: In trouble | 2009-09-03

Sworn at by manager

We have a very nasty , rude , crude manager who nobody likes. The other day he was very rude to me a swore at me for something I did not do. I told him that I will not take his rudeness + swearing + turned my back on him , walking out of the office before he' d finished his antics. Now he says when the Area manager comes next week I will be given a disciplinary + most likely be fire for insubordination. The area manager is just like him + they are freinds. Although everybody in the office heard what happened nobody is prepared to back me up - all too scared as this has happened b4 + people were fired. What should I do?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Sworn at by manager

The problem is that the situation will become far worse if you complain. However if you go to the department of labour an inspector can investigate the issue without advising the company who has lodged the complaint. this would be the correct way to go.