Posted by: janine | 2010-12-15

swollen tongue

my tastebuds was inflammed on the base of my tongue and my tongue on the one side started to swell. ent could not find anything wrong. i had maloclusion of 2 molar teeth. had it extracted 2 months ago but tongue on one side still swollen and red. what can i use to normalise it.

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Janine

There are many reasons why this could have happened, you would need to see an ENT surgeon, or a peridontist/oral pathologist to establish a possible cause. Once the balance in the mouth is disturbed, it may be difficult to get it right, so from a practical point of view your diet is important. Make sure you are getting in enough Vit B , Zinc and folic acid, and see your doctor to exclude a fungal infection. This may require prescription medication.