Question
Posted by: Arthur | 2008/10/03

Swollen Testicle

Hi wonder if you can give me some advice. Last night for no apparent reason i got pain in my left testicale today it is sore and swollen. I cant recall getting a knock there. Should I go straight to my GP or see if the swelling goes down over the weekend. What could be the cause of this swelling

Dear Arthur

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

If the swelling is accompanied by excrutiating pain, you have to consult your GP immediately. If there is moderate to no pain, it is possible that there is swelling due to infection or torsion of a part of the testis. I suggest that you consult your GP anyway, to have the testis examined to have antibiotics prescribed, in case of infection or an ultrasound of the testis done.

Kind regards