Posted by: Worried Mom | 2009-02-15

Swollen Outer Palms in Child

My 10 year old boy (50 kg) handpalms is swollen on the outer edge (opposite of thumb). This area seems more blue-ish and is sore to touch. Currently 3rd day of simptons. First it was only one hand but both are sore now with even the little finger to be affected. He is currently on Sandoz-Ibuprofen 200mg twice daily due to inflamation in heels due to quick growth, for this he got stretching exercise, innersole to shoes and has to wear running tekkies. What could this be ?

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that he consults a paediatrician, as it is possible that he has a viral infection that is causing this abnormal swelling and tests will have to be done to evaluate the possible reasons.