Posted by: Sfiso | 2012-10-08

Swollen lymph node

Please help. I have notice that I have swollen lymph nodes early 2010. Ever since I have been testing for HIV. My result always come back negative. I could be relieved for some time, but after seeing other people with swollen lymph nodes I become very worried. Last year alone I have tested almost 7 times and this year 4 times. I really need to transcend above these as it has cause me to much pain. I am currently abstaining from sex since 2010. I have been to two doctors, both one test for HIV and said it will go away but it did not. The other gave me antibiotic was I did not finish the treatment. Do you have an idea on what could be the reason behind this and what do I have to do?

Please respond to my email address.

You will have to consult your doctor for a biopsy of the lymph node, in order to have a histological diagnosis made. A histological diagnosis is made by analising the cells of the biopsy (cells taken from the lymph node, surgically or with fine needle biopsy). This will be the best way to know what is going one.

If you have been tested for HIV for the past two years and all results were negative and you are abstaining from sex for the past two years, you are not HIV positive and the lymph node is most probably caused by something else.