Swollen left tisticle after bump

My boy and I were playing yesterday and he accidentally kicked me in the nuts. I only realized about an hour ago, that it is swollen and it feels like there is fluid surrounding the testicle. Besides for the actual kick, there has been no pain, but after realizing the swelling, there has only been slight discomfort.

What would you recommend?

Dear Anonymous
There could be a collection of fluid due to inflammation around the testis, or it could be blood ( usually the colourof the testis will be bluish and the skin will feel warm and look reddish) BUT if it feels as if the one testis is higher than the other, and the cord feels thickened, or if it becomes very painful with nausea and vomiting, please see a doctor immediately. Sometimes the testis can twist on itself during an injury and then it cuts off the blood flow to the testis, causing gangrene of the testis. Other problems with blunt trauma could be cuts of the testis cover, or rupture of the testis. Keep an eye on this and if it worsens, rather play it safe and see your doctor so that they can organize a sonar to exclude serious damage.

Thanks for the info Doc.

I went to the doctor the day after noticing the swelling and he gave me a prescription for Sandoz Levofloxacin 500 and Arrow Meloxicam.

The fluid around the testes has now solidified and the swelling has not gone down. The swelling is worse than it was the first time I noticed it. The testicle is approx 4 times normal size, but still there is no pain, only the discomfort of the weight and the size. If I squeeze it though it feels a bit tender.

Does the fact that I am not in pain mean that things are ok?
Is it normal for the fluid that initiallly surrounded it to solidify?
I heard that the swelling can last as long as a week. Is this correct?

Thanks for the help.