Question
Posted by: Gerald | 2008/06/12

Swollen Kidney

Hi, My dad complained with lower abdomen pains. He has visited a urologist who has dignosed him with a swollen kidney and put him on a course of tablet - 16 mg Coxslam. My question to you is
Is he been treated for an infection or obstruction?
Secondly would it solve the problem and does he have to change his lifestyle by improving on his diet or excercising more?

Hi Gerald
Coxflam is an anti-inflammatory medication - I can't think why he would get this for swollen kidneys? Did he have sonar of the kidneys, did he have kidney function blood tests? Did the doctor send away urine for MCS at the lab?