Question
Posted by: Louise Apsey | 2011/12/21

Swollen hands, legs, ankels, which results into very sore feet

Dr Goodday to you!
Dr Im a lady of 58 years old. Im suffering the last 6months from very swollen feet and hands as well as my legs. My feet are really very sore. When I have to get up at night I can hardly walk to the bathroom. Im am an epileptic and on chronic medication 700g Epilim 400g Tegretol in the mornings and 700g Epilim 200g Tegretol and 05g Rivitrol at night to control seizures which is really well controlled. But the all of a sudden swelling of my hands and feet are really worrying me. I went for a leg scan to check the vains but everything were clear. Im also extremelley exhausted for no reason, feels like ive just done a whole lot of wahing by hand!! I constantly have blood in my urine all tests have been done but nothing was found. My family medical history is not good as two of my family members passed on with kidney desease and one sister had a transplant. My GP is satisfied and just gave me Lasix and Vita-thion. I do not feel better, have no energy and feel worse at night. Please doctor help me as my feet still swells. Cant even wear my wedding band anymore!!!
Louise

Louise

I think that you should consult a cardiologist to exclude the possibility of eschemic heart disease and heart failure. You should also consult an urologist to have a kidney function test done, to rule kidney failure out. Continue using the Lasix and I do hope that the specialists can assist your with answers.