Question
Posted by: Son | 2008/10/14

swollen glands &  feeling of tiredness

for the last 7 days I have had swollen glands under jaw, behind neck and ears, swollen cheeks, sore ears and feeling of fullness in my throat (but not a sore throat)  general headache and feeling unwell, tired, vaguely nauseous and weak and depressed. I have also been waking up with swollen hands and wrists, sore joints although not as much as if I had flu. No temperature. Have been sleeping 10 - 12 hours a night. Very irritating but I am almost sure I am not malingering! My daugher (8) has also been complaining of tiredness, and is also puffy under the chin and around her cheeks. We have both had mumps. My exhusband who we see regularly seems to have had very similar symptoms. At what point do I give up and see a GP? I know these symptoms are so vague I' m likely to be told I have a virus and must just rest more............

Please post to CyberDoc.

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/15

I woke up this morning with swollen glands under my chin. Its sore to the touch and feels like a little ball under my chin. Should I be concerned and should I see a doctor?