Posted by: Louise Metcalfe | 2011-10-24

Swollen glands

My 17 year old daughter recurrently gets swollen glands in her face (looks like mumps), has severely fatigue, sweaty armpits and hands. She has recently lost a lot of weight and her hair has drastically much so that you can clearly seen her skull. The base of her skull has a very pronounced bump. Every doc I have taken her to over the years has just shrugged it off and said she has mumps or glandular fever. She is exhausted and can''t carry on like this...what kind of doctor would be able to get to the bottom of her problem?

I suggest that you consult an internal specialist. You really have to get to the bottom of this and it is possible that she has a chronic viral infection or a metabolic disorder, like an overactive thyroid.