Posted by: annelize | 2011-08-08

swollen glands

My 14 year old son have 2 swollen glands on the left and right of tummy near pubic hair has a bad cough as well - what can this be?

Swollen glands in the groin area are usually a sign of inflammation of the glands and can be a reaction to skin infection of the lower limbs. Unfortunately, there are other causes that will have to be investigated by your doctor. I suggest that you examine his legs to identify if there is skin abrasion with secondary infection. You can observe these glands and if they do not spontaneously resolve within 14 days, you should consult your doctor.

There are many causes for a bad cough. It can range from sinusitis to chest infections. Once again, I do suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination, in order to make a diagnosis.