Question
Posted by: KT | 2011-07-12

Swollen glands

My son who is 14 developed mumps again abt3 months ago. We did take him to doc. His glands are still swollen by his ears and its very noticeable. Is this normal? A Specialist said it shouldnt be swollen for so long and maybe it wasnt mumps. My son has already had mumps before abt 2 yrs ago. What do you think?

KT

I suggest that you consult your doctor for a full examination and blood tests. Although mumps can reoccur, it is highly unlikely to persist for three months. I am quite sure that it is not mumps. Therefore, do not wait to consult your doctor.