Question
Posted by: BMJ | 2010/11/04

Swollen gland

Dear Doc

My 7y old son is complaining of pain in his jaw and I see that the glands under his jaw is swollen (it is just on painful and swollen on on side). He also complained of a headache. I checked his mouth to see if I could see an ulcer or anything like that - but nothing.

Other than that he seems pretty fine - eating etc.

Can you please tell me how treat in and when I should take him to a doctor. It has been sore since yesterday - 24hours now.

Hallo BMJ
Swollen glands are usually a sign of an infection somewhere - could be sinuses, tonsils, ears, something in the throat area, or in saliva glands. If he has a headache and is slightly feverish too, he probably needs antibiotics, so rather let your GP have a look

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/04

Hallo BMJ