Posted by: Ingrid | 2012-11-30

Swollen foot

My left ankle and foot become swollen from about lunchtime everyday. This started last summer and is happening again since it has warmed up. My right foot does not swell up. I am 64 in pretty good health. I consulted a Specialist Physician last week who did a general check-up incl an ECG which he said was very good. He came to the conclusion that the swelling is as a result of 2 knee ops I had more than 30 years ago during which the nerves just below my knee were severed. I am not on any medication. I am not 100% convinced!! Any comment??

Expert ImagePodiatrist

Hi Ingrid, thank you for your e-mail. From what you have told me, I definately think that the knee surgery and severed nerves could be the cause of it. Maybe what you can do is have your circulation checked in your legs too. Another suggestion is that you have a biomechanical assessment done of your ankle and knee to check stability and muscle strength, if there is weakness around the areas it could place more stress on the joint leading to swelling. A good person to see would be a biokinetisist. Contact the biokinetic association of South Africa for the nearest person to you. Hope this give you more options for treatment.

Posted by: Cameron | 2012-12-18

Hi...I have a product (mechanical device) that assists with blood circulation. It is very new to the market and has been extensively researched and tested. My contact number is 0110250715 and 0823402276.

Reply to Cameron