Posted by: jacques | 2012-09-17

Swollen finger

Ok i posted before but for some reason i cannot find the post ... so let me just start over, my ring finger on my right hand is swollen between the first and second joint ... closer ot the second.

The finger is slightly painfull and red on the inside. this has been ongoing for about 4 weeks now.

I went to the Doc about 2 weeks ago he gave me some Anitbiotics and something for inflamation.

the swelleing came down but not completely, then the finger seemed to heal and now suddenly it''s swollen again.

It''s not painfull when you keep it still, mostly you can feel pain on the joint when you move the finger or even press on it.

Could this be from trauma to the finger or should i rather go back to the Doc ? also some days the finger seems to get better and then suddenly it would be red and painfull again.

It is very possible that you have inflammation of the finger due to trauma or infection of the tendon. You will have to reconsult your doctor for an examination and to verify if the initial infection has cleared.