Question
Posted by: again | 2009-01-30

swollen feet/ankles again

I went to the Doctor last week for swollen feet/ankles and he said it was just retained water and gave me water tablets. They sure did work and the next day I had the skinniest feet ever. Now one week later again and my feet are swelling up again. Please tell me what is water retention and how does it happen, I have never had this before and I sure do hope it GOES AWAY. I dont want to take water tablets for the rest of my life.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Water retention is most likely associated with age, as our blood flow from our lower limbs decrease and in such a way fluid accumulates under the skin of the feet, ankles and lower legs. Please refer to the following link for more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peripheral_edema

Kind regards