Posted by: mino | 2009-01-21

Swollen feet and ankes

Hi Doc,

I had my gallbladder removed in August 2008. I am also overweight. Now since summer has started I have swollen feet and ankles. It does not trouble me but I just need to know what is causing the swelling.

Dear Mino
Swollen ankles can be caused by kidney problems, heart failure, impaired blood flow to the legs or impaired lymph drainage. It will be good if your doctor can do an urine test and blood test for kidney function and listen to your heart to exclude any of these. He will be able to prescribe something you can use depending on the cause of the swelling

Posted by: kholo | 2009-04-07

Reply to kholo