Posted by: me | 2012-02-22

swollen feet

hi doc.
dont know, since sunday my feet are swollen, with the left one bigger that the reght one.
do you think it is because my mestruation is having difficulty to coming through, i am also shortbreathed, and having uncomfartable pains now and then in my chest?
i dont urinate like normal, its smaler amounts, maybe 4 times a day and i tsake my 2litres of water everyday.
someone told me to massage the are with lotion last night and it worked a bit. but today the same again, i am sitting 8 hours off the day in my office, now sitting with my legs lift up on the dustbn. and water retention medication did not help. also feeling lot of sleepy. barely keep my eyes open.
what can i do?

In light of your symptoms, it is possible that you might have a cardio-vascular cause for your swollen feet and you will have to consult your doctor as soon as possible. Your doctor will also have to run tests to exclude the possibility of kidney failure. Kidney and heart disease can lead to a person feeling very tired and sleepy.