Posted by: Martie | 2012-11-15

Swollen eye, sore jaw

Hi - I woke up this morning with a swollen right eye lid (not sore) and from my right temple down along my right jaw it''s quite painful (a bit in my ear as well) - could it be a sinus infection!?!?!? I never get these things, do have bad hayfever sometimes.

It is possible that you are suffering from hayfever. Ask your pharmacist for a good non-sedative antihistamine, like Texa. If your symptoms do not respond to the medication, consult your doctor for a course of oral antibiotics, in combination with a cortico-steroid. If you are feeling feverish, you should not wait to consult your doctor, as this might be a sign of a sinus infection.