Posted by: me | 2008-11-10

swollen breast

Hi doc
I have noticed the past 2 or 3 days that my left breast seems to be slightly swollen compared to the right one. I will have my period in about a week' s time and I have had breast swelling occasionally before, but both, not just one. I also have a sore neck on the left for a couple of days now, I assumed it was just because I slept with my neck akward. And I also had a blackhead that got infected on my neck on the left. I do not feel any lumps in either one of my breasts, the one is just " fuller" , both are slightly sensitive. What could this be, hormones, the infection, or what?

Dear Me
This could be hormone related, breasts are not normally 100% symmetrical.
Try Bactroban on the infected black head and try Neurofen and a hot water bottle on the sore neck. But if it gets worse you should rather see your doctor.
dr Bets