Posted by: Ankles | 2009-07-31

Swollen ankles

Since I came back from an overseas 18 hrs flight in January I have battled with swollen ankles. This has never happened before when I travelled.
I made sure to get up frequently exercised my legs all through the flight.
Now I find by the evenings my ankles are always swollen.
I am on Felodipine 10mg for High blood pressure could the HBP be related to the ankle swelling?
Should I ignore the problem and just hope it goes away?

I suggest that you consult your doctor for an assessment and the exclusion of possible hypertension complications. Your doctor can add a selective diuretic that will resolve the swelling of your ankles and that will be beneficial to your high blood pressure.