Question
Posted by: Mosa | 2008/08/11

Swollen ankles

hi Doc,i recently realise that i have swollen ankles especially in the morning and then my fingers during the day,i was on antibiotics for the past month ,i had a bad flu.I was on the 3 month injection but the last time i went for it was in november 07 but since then i haven' t had my period,i' m 24 and 106KG.What could be wrong with me,should i be wooried?

Hi Mosa
Swollen hands and feet could be an indication of heart failure or serious kidney problems. I think you should see a doctor to have blood drawn for a kidney function test and to organize a heart sonar to exclude these problems.