Posted by: Antoinette | 2011-06-25

Swollen ankle

I am suffering from a swollen ankle on my right leg. It is extremely painful, and even hurts when I step on it. I normally take anti-inflammatory when it starts, but it does not seem to help. I also feel like a sharp pain in the bone. I am over weight, on BP medication for the past 5 years and also on a diuretic and on anti depression for the past 15 years. I do not sit or stand for long periods at a time. I also wear an ankle guard when it becomes too painful, and I sleep every night with a pillow or two under my foot, to have it elevated. I
Should I be concerned?

You are following all the correct steps but I do suggest that you consult a doctor for a x-ray of your ankle. You can use Myprodol, two capsules, three times daily to alleviate the swelling and inflammation of the ankle joint.