Question
Posted by: me | 2010/09/30

Swithced contraceptive gained 8km

In 2008 Nov I switched contraceptives and gained 8kg in 3 months I simply cant seem to get the weight off and its making me increadibly sad as I weighed 54kg 3 years ago same length, I am1.65m

Dear Me
Female hormone treatments (the pill, HRT, etc) can either cause weightloss or weight gain depending on the patient's individual reaction. When you weighed 54 kg, your BMI was very, very low at 19,9. Now that you weigh 62 kg, your BMI = 22,8 which is actually close to the ideal of 22 than before. If you are still using this contraceptive, discuss the use of alternative products with your dr or gynae. If you lose 2 kg your BMI will equal 22 which is ideal. Because this is such a small amount of weight to lose I would recommend that you just increase your physical activity (walk, jog, skip, cycle or swim) every day for 30 min. This will firm and tone your body so that you look stunning.

1

Dear Me