Question
Posted by: Lulu | 2011/09/20

Switching from Triphasel to Trigestrel

I have been using Triphasel for years. I have to switch over to Trigestrel. Is there a period that I would be unsafe. I went to two clinics. The one nurse said that I will be unsafe for two weeks. The other said that I will not be unsafe because the two contraceptives has exactly the same hormones. I am really confused!

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Lulu

The two DOES have the same active ingredients, but the quality of Trigestrel is often questioned - Some experts even recommend staying on Triphasil if possible at all.

Switching should however be easy - Go through your inactive or placebo pills until it's time to begin a new pill pack (This means you'll probably get your period). Begin your new birth control pills (Trigestrel) instead of starting a new pack of Triphasil.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/09/22

Hi Lulu

Reply to pharmacist