Question
Posted by: Just wondering | 2008/10/01

Switchboard Duty

I work for a company, where the female staff are required to do switchboard duty once every three weeks. We work on a rotation basis and everyone, excluding management and men, have to do switchboard duty once in a while. I have a problem with the fact that the men in our company do not have to do switchboard duty at all, because management thinks it will look unprofessional if a man answers the phone. I find this discriminating and want to know if they can do this.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

if you find this action discriminatory you need to raise a grievance and thereafter refer the matter to the equality court found at every magistrates court they will assist you in drawing up the affidavit.