Question
Posted by: Pokkels | 2008/11/10

Swinging &  bi-sexual female in sex life

My husband and I are at a low point in our sexual life. He want us to try and have a bi-sexual female to try and boost our sex life. He also want us to try out swinging. Can you please give me advice.

What is most important at this point in time is for you and your husband to come to a shared understanding as to what are the contributing factors to your sexual life having reached "a low point". There may be many and varied possible contributing factors, too broad and extensive to summarise in this brief forum. An assessment with the help of a skilled sex therapist my help you gain insight in this. Many couples today are exploring alternative non-monogomous sexual lifestyles such as swinging, open marriages, polyamory etc. These sexual lifestyles work well for some and not at all for others. A swinging sexual lifestyle works best for persons who have realised that monogamy does not suite their personality and/or changing value systems and wish to explore this sexual lifestyle as an experience to expand on an already working, stable and trust based relationship.

It is not advisable to explore an alternative sexual lifestyle/practice such as swinging to "fix" a sexual relationship in crises. First figure out what the contributing factors are and then consider possible ways of addressing the cause.