Posted by: J van der Merwe | 2009-09-06

swine flu

I have had flu-like symptoms since wednesday and consulted my GP on Thursday. Symptoms were temp of 38.6, high blood pressure and heartrate of 120. Neck Pain, lower back pain, severe ear pain as well as severe throat pain. My Gp said it is swine flu and prescribed Tamiflu. He said I should be better in 48 hours, however it is almost 96 hours and the tamiflu will only last till tomorrow (Monday) and I only get relief after drinking the Tamiflu for around 2 - 3 hours and then the symptoms return. Could you please advise what I should do?

You should reconsult your doctor and ask him to do a blood test to confirm swine flu. Other possibilities, especially meningitis, should also be ruled out (in the light of your headache, fever, fast pulse rate, neck and back pain).

Posted by: J van der Merwe | 2009-09-06

Maybe I should add that I had severe stomach cramps, but no diarhorea, however the stomach cramps have gone in the meantime

Reply to J van der Merwe