Posted by: Belinda | 2009-07-15

Swine Flu

My Husband came into contact with a family member that had flu. He developed flu symtoms (High temperature, feverish, runny nose, headache, backache) and then he devoloped a very sore throat. So sore that he could not bare to cough. Over the counter pain killers did not help. He went to the Doc and he said he had strep throat. He gave him painkiller injections, penicillan, suppositories + some other pain tablets. He still had severe pain for 2 days. Today his throat is feeling a bit better but he has pain in his chest and is coughing. He also has a running stomach (black liquid). I have never known him to be this ill. Other family members that came into the person that had the flu originally has also become very ill. How do we know it is not swine flu or maybe something else? He has not been travelling and as far as we know has not been in contact with swine flu. Very concerned.

Hi Belinda
Ask your doctor to test him for swine flu ( it is done by a nose swab) I am concerned about the black runny stool and I think his doctor should know about this - it can be due to internal bleeding. Please let the doctor see him again as soon as possible.

Posted by: QED | 2009-07-15

What I also would like to know is while so many people are already infectd in SA...I think it is almost a100 by they stay infected or do they get well again? And why don' t we hear the good news like: 100 reported case of which 70 are well again? At the moment it sounds like this thing is spreading and spreading like HIV or gives me the jitters!

Reply to QED